**** Not available for sale or distribution in USA, Canada or Mexico ***
ERA TorQ contact form :
Why use ERA TorQ for casing rotation ?
In critical situations like casing drilling or rotation it is necessary to be certain of the outcome rather than rely on hindsight, after the fact of failure.
When using a typical API connection during casing rotation (reaming or drilling) it will be necessary to know the rotational torque limits and operating envelope of your casing string when in open hole and at the tool face.
A weak connection may result in "twist or back off", "washout" or "over penetration" and string failure and the resulting costs of remedial activities.
Lets take an example of how torque rings will improve the torsional capacity of a typical 9 5/8 BTC connection at 47ppf and grade L80.
With no torque rings we can make this connection up on surface to approx 9,630 ftlbs at base triangle.
With ERA TorQ rings in place we can continue to apply torque into the torque ring shoulder to a field maximum of 30,116 ftlbs.This is referred to as the Delta torque.
This means a field applied total 9630 + 30,116 = 39,746 ftlbs.
This increase provides a large window of additional torque with which to address planned drilling activity. So thats the technical reason.
What about a safety margin ? Will the torque ring yield at higher torques and place my casing string rotation at risk ?
No is the simple answer.
Every ring and stated maximum field applied delta torque comes with a 100% safety margin built into our calculations.
Click on the opposite links to see our torque capabilities across our range, independent test results, safety margins for field make up and pricing.
ERA TorQ torque rings also have cost benefits over other similar products in the market:
* Buy what you need, Use what you need, No excess stock.
With our one size ring we have no colour coding offerings like our competitors. This means you are not paying for product that you are not going to be able to use at the end of your project. No excess, no waste. Save money.
* Our ERA TorQ rings are solid and made from the very same casing material that you are running in the hole. This means you dont actually need fancy install tools in order to seat and form the ring into its correct shape under pressure. Our rings are already exactly formed.
* Production Screens - You dont need high end premium casing for slotted production screens. BTC pipe with ERA TorQ rings installed maintain connection integrity whilst protecting the fluid flow dynamics by closing off the J-section in the BTC coupling. These have been applied in both heavy oil ESP pump situations to reduce pump stresses and in high volume gas producers to reduce errosion and extend completion screen life cycle.
* Workstrings - Prevent over torquing & belling and the associated costs of recut & repair when using API threaded workstrings
* Casing Shoetracks - Contact us to discuss this further as a means of removing threadlock from your casing shoetrack.
ERA TorQ Rings
ERA TorQ rings provide API BTC connections with greater torsional strength across the full 4 1/2 - 20 inch BTC range and provide the following benefits:
ERA TorQ rings provide you with the best possible solution to both technical and financial objectives.